Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Sunday, August 23, 2009

23 - Magic

For a long time I've said that the theatre is magic, but I've said that as a member of the audience. You step into another world when you witness live theatre. Well, it's also magic on the other side of that 4th wall. For me tonight, it was healing. All day long, I've dealt with stomach issues, and slept most of the day away. Was feeling horrible as I was getting ready to go to ABET to perform one of the songs from Aussie Song. Well, by the time I got to Atlantic Beach, my stomach was settling, and by the time the evening started, all the symptoms were gone. Magic, I'm telling you!

I wish, however, the magic had worked on my lyric memorization. I did get the opening monolog correct, but drew a completely blank on one of the lyric lines. Even driving home, I could not remember it. It's as if someone took an eraser and took it out of my memory. Fortunately, I thought on my feet, stayed in character, and managed to pull it off. It does help when your character (Mama Key) actually wrote the song and you're accompanying yourself.
It was also really nice to see my friends at ABET. I love that little theatre!

Support your local theatres -- they're magical places!

TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment