Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Monday, August 3, 2009

3/46-365 Rainy Days and Mondays


Shortly before 2pm today, here it came: dark skies, peals of thunder and pouring rain. I had a chiropractor’s appointment that I had just made this morning (so it was necessary), and at 2:10 when I needed to leave, it was just a wall of water. The windows are down in my truck now so the driver’s seat can dry out. There’s standing water in the back yard; the mosquitoes are multiplying exponentially. But you know what – I DON’T CARE!!!

In 1998, I swore I would never complain about rain again. And for the most part, I’ve kept that promise. June of 1998, we had temperatures over 100 degrees 6 or 8 days that month; we had some long streak of 90+ degree days. The worst, though, was the fires. It wasn’t raining water; it was raining ash on us. Cars were covered with it. The acrid smell of smoke seemed to be forever stuck in your sinuses. Roads were closed.

That summer, vacation was to our Motor Maids Convention in Del Rio, TX. As I was preparing to leave, both I-95 and I-10 were closed because of fires. I was wondering how we were going to get out of the city. After getting the bike loaded, I put those items most precious to me in the middle of the living room floor. TAC was taking care of the cats, and I asked her to take that small pile along with “the boys” if my neighborhood was evacuated. It was a scary feeling to leave town. Fortunately, we were not evacuated, but my friend SS, who lives in Palm Coast, was evacuated twice.

Rain? Bring it on. Everything is green, and the temperatures aren’t rising too high. These afternoon storms keep the a/c from having to work so hard. While I know that fire is a cycle of nature (I did have a fire behind my house last year, and the grass came back better than ever), it scares me. So, give me rain …

1 comment:

  1. And it beats paying the water bill for the lawn! Besides, in our neck of the woods even a rainy day has sun!

    ReplyDelete