Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.


Thursday, August 20, 2009

20 Positive Triplets

Today was the best day out of this week. Even though I was in meetings from 10am until 1:30pm, I felt better about the day. I found out that what I thought was going to be a very arduous process to write was actually stored in a table for me to access. Thank the gods for that! But my positives today are triplets. I thought about cheating and holding one of these for a day where nothing goes right, but I just can't do that. These are in no specific order.

1) For reasons I don't even know, I've been teaching Diva to "Find Oliver." I never have trouble finding him because he doesn't hide, even at medicine time. But since Diva is a mix of a working breed and a hunting breed, I thought it would be good for her. So each time it's time for Oliver's medicine, I tell Diva to "Find Oliver." Tonight it was raining outside and I wanted to hear it, so I opened the sliding door a little bit. Oliver thought, "Escape! I can finally get outside." No way, pussy cat. "Diva - find Oliver!" She jumps up and goes to Oliver, who promptly turns around and jumps back on the coffee table. A little while later, we did it all again. On the third time when I said "Diva - Find Oliver!", Oliver ran into the bedroom. And who says cats aren't trainable!

2) Sometimes you meet people and you know that while your paths may not cross all that often, they will always hold a special place in your heart. EJG (top part of today's image) and JSG are like that to me. For those of you who remember, EJG is our "Miracle Man." He was supposed to be in "Into the Woods" with us, but 10 days prior to opening was rushed into emergency surgery for a double brain aneurism. Miracle of all miracles, he survived the surgery and was himself afterwards. He was released after just a week in the hospital and actually came to our rehearsal a couple of nights later. Well, this morning, I saw this on Facebook: "visited the doctor who saved his life May 31st. Doctor confirmed that I have a brain, and that it's perfect (take that, Judy). He never wants to see me again." How freaking awesome is that?!?!?!!!!

3) Wow - this is very, very anticlimactic after #2. First weekend in May, I fractured and severely sprained my right ankle. After 13 weeks in either a taped cast or a brace, I was finally able to do without. Another week of sneakers (making 14 weeks), and then into dress, lace-up boots for work. (The lace up supported my ankle.) Today, I wore heals (bottom part of today's image) and was pain free from the injury. That's a good thing!

Hope everyone is healthy and well.
TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. 1) I have some cats who could use training. Do you think you could help my Hansel find his tail?

    2) Right back at you. This year has been a miracle for so many reasons... EJG's bounce, the life-long friends we made with the "Woodies..."

    3) Careful on those heels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post from a beuatiful person.

    I knew as soon as we met during's Sam's first musical rehearsal at the church that we would be friends long after closing night. You just know when you click with people.

    I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend, too. It's such a long road!

    Now... about that cat of yours! Do you make house calls?

    ReplyDelete